- DTIS update
- WTO accession
With the help of local stakeholders and development partners, the EIF is supporting Bhutan in incorporating trade into the national development strategy. The key strategies include diversification of export markets, trade liberalization, private sector and infrastructure development, and institutional and professional capacity development.
Institutional capacity-building project
The aim of the project is to provide institutional strength for trade mainstreaming, donor coordination and resource mobilization for addressing trade-related needs.
- A fruitful exchange programme was organized between EIF National Steering Committee Members of Bhutan with Lao PDR counterparts in Vientiane.
- The project partly funded the drafting and finalization of the Draft Competition Policy and the Draft Trade Development Act.
- A Tier 2 project proposal on E-Infrastructure for Trade and Services Development has been finalized and submitted to the Executive Secretariat for the EIF.
- Bhutan’s trade strategy is included in the Economic Development Policy 2014 and the Eleventh Five Year plan (2013-2018).
- A round table meeting with donors is held every year by the Gross National Happiness Commission.
Coordinator/Trade Officer Department of Trade / NIU Ministry of Economic Affairs Thimphu
Project Assistant Department of Trade / NIU Ministry of Economic Affairs Thimphu
Chief Trade Officer, Department of Trade
Resident Coordinator UN in Bhutan, Resident Representative UN Development Programme
Vice President Bhutan Chamber of commerce and Industry
Chairperson Handicraft Association of Bhutan