- DTIS update
- WTO accession
Working together with local stakeholders and development partners, the EIF has supported Cabo Verde in incorporating trade-related strategies into their Poverty Reduction and Growth Strategy Paper. The purpose of mainstreaming trade into the development strategy is to strengthen Cabo Verde’s participation in regional and global markets. Specific training sessions have been held with a strong emphasis on quality standards and project development.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
The goal of the project is to increase exports by strengthening institutional capacities to formulate and implement national trade strategies and policies. As a result of these trade strategies, Cabo Verde will be able to realize poverty reduction, inclusive growth and sustainable development.
- The Strategic Plan for Trade Development was validated at a national workshop in June 2015 after consultations with various Government departments and private sector stakeholders. The strategy identified agriculture, tourism and creative industries as sectors for trade development to build Cabo Verde's productive capacity.
- 105 women participated in an entrepreneurship meeting organized in partnership with the Associação das Mulheres Empresárias de Santiago. (AMES) to promote small and micro enterprises.
- 43 participants from the private and public sectors attended training sessions on product quality, standards, project development and management.
- Ongoing support has been provided to the public sectors to fully own the national trade agenda through institutional capacity building including to the National Council of Trade and the National Trade Forum.
- Training has been provided to specifically enhance private sector involvement in the national trade agenda through national outreach/consultations and industry‑specific trainings.
- 39 Small and Medium‑sized Enterprises (SMEs) were trained to strengthen their capacities and knowledge in labor laws, food safety and hygiene, which has helped them to reach higher standards in food management protocols.
Cape Verde Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) 2009English
Cape Verde Action Matrix 2009English
Cape Verde Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Update 2013English
Cape Verde DTIS Update Action Matrix 2013English
EIF LDCs Photo Competition AlbumEnglish
EIF Calendar 2014English French Portugese
Country Case Studies - EIF TFM ReviewEnglish
Cabo Verde Annual Progress Report 2013English
Implementing IPoA: The role of the EIFEnglish French
Cabo Verde DTIS Action Matrix 2013
Cabo Verde DTISU 2013
Implementing IPOA: The role of the EIFEnglish French