- DTIS update
- WTO accession
Working together with local stakeholders and development partners, the EIF has supported Chad in incorporating trade-related strategies into their national development strategies. The purpose of mainstreaming trade into the development strategy is to strengthen Chad’s participation in regional and global markets. Trade has also been integrated into the sector strategies for agriculture, livestock, food security, transport and tourism. The overall objective of a targeted value chain development approach is to reduce poverty through income and employment creation, particularly in rural areas.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
The project aims to develop and strengthen human, commercial and institutional capacities of the Ministry of Trade and Industry in order to facilitate the formulation and effective implementation of projects and trade development programmes.
- Trade has been integrated into the sector strategies for agriculture, livestock, food security, transport and tourism
Trade Development/Sector Support: Projet de renforcement des capacités commerciales de la filière Gomme arabique tchadienne (PRCCFGAT)
- End date
This project supports the diversification of the Chadian economy by strengthening the country’s gum arabic sector through a value chain development approach with the overall objective of reducing poverty through income and employment creation.
- Over 3,800 pieces of material for gum arabic production were distributed in four regions by SOS Sahel International.
- 371 “producteurs relais” have been trained in gum arabic bleeding techniques.
- Established gum arabic industry organizations where women are represented at various levels (e.g., groups, federations and unions).
- A design brief has been prepared and a location selected to establish a gum arabic commercial centre in N’Djamena.
Aide-Mémoire - Main Mission - Mission PrincipaleEnglish
Chad Matrice d'Action 2006English
Chad Diagnostic Trade Integration Study October 2006English
EIF Calendar 2014English French Portugese
Rapport lancement du projet de Catégorie 2 sur la gomme arabiqueEnglish
Chad DTIS Update 2013French
Chad Annual Progress Report 2013English
EIF Trade Impact StoriesEnglish
Plan d’Actions Prioritaires 2016-2020 de la 2ème Étude Diagnostique Sur l’intégration du Commerce au Tchad (PAP/EDIC II)French
Chad DTISU 2013
Point focal du CIR Ministère du Développement industriel, commercial et promotion du secteur privé N'Djamena
Mahamat Touka Saleh
Coordonnateur national UNMO Ministère du Développement industriel, commercial et promotion du secteur privé N'Djamena
Donor Facilitator, UNDP