- DTIS update
- WTO accession
Alongside domestic stakeholders and development partners, the EIF has supported Comoros in prioritizing and addressing their trade-related needs. The EIF has aimed at enhancing the capacities of trade and investment support services in order to create a conducive environment for private sector development. Providing targeted support in three sectors has been essential for strengthening the institutional and technical capacities of producers and exporters to play a more active role in the commercialization of their products. The EIF has also been instrumental in providing support for Comoros’ planned accession to the WTO.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
The project aims to develop and reinforce existing institutional capacities for the formulation and implementation of trade strategies and their incorporation into national development plans.
- In partnership with the ITC, a training workshop was held with the private sector on how to advocate for private sector interests during the WTO accession process.
- Provided training to the Association of women fish sellers covering drying and smoking techniques.
- Supported the drafting of sectoral technical notes as part of the WTO accession process.
Trade Development/Sector Support Project: Amélioration de la compétitivité des exportations des filières vanilla, d'ylang ylang et girofle
- End date
The purpose of this project is to improve the competitiveness of three export sectors (vanilla, ylang-ylang and clove) through strengthening institutional and technical capacities of producers and exporters to play a more active role in the commercialization of their products on international markets.
- 44 participants attended training on the creation and management of agriculture cooperatives.
- 17 participants attended training on how to register cooperatives and companies in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- 100 producers and processors participants in a sensitization workshop on Grande Comore Island which covered the necessity of vanilla producers and processors to work together to maximize profit.
- 5 pilot cooperatives for the vanilla, ylang-ylang and clove value chains were established and held their respective general assemblies in 2015.
- An analytical report on the three values was completed and an upgrade plan was developed which covers production practices, product diversification, quality, packaging, etc.
Glimpses from Comoros, Lesotho, Maldvies and VanuatuEnglish
Comoros Diagnostic Trade Integration Study 2007English
Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) - 2010English
EIF LDCs Photo Competition AlbumEnglish
EIF Calendar 2014English French Portugese
Comoros Annual Progress ReportEnglish
EIF Calendar 2015: THE EIF AND POST - 2015English French Portugese
Etude Diagnostique sur l’Intégration du Commerce en Union des Comores (EDIC / DTISU) 2015-2019French
EIF Trade Impact StoriesEnglish
Mod’ Echo. Bulletin du Mouvement Des Entreprises Comoriennes. N°2 - SEPTEMBRE 2016French
Comoros DTISU 2015
Saïd Abdou Salime
Coordonnateur – UNMO UNMO – CIR Ministère de l’économie, du plan, de l’énergie, de l’industrie, de l’artisanat, du tourisme, des investissements, du secteur privé et des affaires foncières Moroni
Donor Facilitator, Embassy of France
Djaffar AHMED SAID HASSANI
Vice Président en charge du Ministère , Comores
Le Secrétaire Général du Ministère, Point Focal
Le Directeur de Cabinet du Vice Président comme Associé au Programme