- DTIS update
- WTO accession
With the help of local stakeholders and development partners, the EIF is supporting Ethiopia in incorporating trade into the Growth and Transformation Plan. The purpose of mainstreaming trade into the national development strategy is to strength Ethiopia's participation in global and regional markets.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
The second phase of the Growth and Transformation Plan will run from 2016 to 2020 and identifies the following three goals:
- Ensuring the building of Change Forces of the Trade Sector and Improving Execution capacity;
- Establishing a Modern and Fair Trading System; and
- Enhancing foreign currency earnings through strengthening modern market promotion and linkage system.
This project will help achieve these objectives and facilitate the country's efforts in poverty reduction and sustainable development.
- The EIF National Implementation Unit Project Coordinator, the Secretary/Administrative Assistant, and the Account Officer, were hired in May 2015. Training on Monitoring and Evaluation was held in Geneva.
- An awareness raising workshop was held in the city of Bahir Dar for most stakeholders including regional trade and industry bureau heads, as well as representatives from chambers and trade sectoral associations.
Window II Project Brief: Support to the establishment of an internationally recognized conformity assessment to enhance trade competitivenessEnglish
Window II Project Brief: Enhancement of Trade Negotiation CapacityEnglish
Window II Project Brief: Institutional Support for MTI & CCEnglish
Ethiopia Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Volume 2 2004English
Ethiopia Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Volume 1 2004English
Ethiopia Detailed Action Plan for the prioritized DTIS recommendations, 2004English
Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (2005-2009)English
Ethiopia Annual Progress Report 2013English
Yishak Tekaligne TAYE
Director, Bilateral and Regional Trade Relation and Negotiation Directorate Focal Point to EIF Ministry of Trade Addis Ababa
Multilateral Trade Relation and Negotiation Director Trade Relation and Negotiation Directorate General Ministry of Trade Addis Ababa
Murjan Tekle METAFERIA
Policy Division Head Policy and Law Ministry of Transport Addis Ababa
Tewodros DERBEW YIMAM
Coordinator Tourist Facilities Competence and Grading Directorate Ministry of Culture and Tourism Addis Ababa
Foziya Mushaga NASSIR
Project Preparation M&E Senior Expert Planning and Programming Directorate Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Addis Ababa
Donor Facilitator, Delegation of the European Union to Ethiopia
EIF Ethiopia NIU Coordinator
Consultant to the Government of Ethiopia