- DTIS update
- WTO accession
Working together with local stakeholders and development partners, the EIF has supported Guinea in incorporating trade into the Priority Actions Programme of the Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper. Guinea has also developed trade‑specific strategies on the organization of internal commerce, the creation of a commercial code and standards of products for export. Targeted strategic support in the mango sector has been provided with strong emphasis on improved value chain addition and women’s economic empowerment.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
This project seeks to strengthen the Ministry of Trade’s institutional and human resources capacity to facilitate trade mainstreaming, coordinate delivery of Aid for Trade and ease the implementation of prioritized projects.
- Two sessions were held for young, unemployed graduates in Conakry in business and export training on local products.
- Supported the Guinean Government in incorporating trade into the national strategy for economic and social development.
Trade Development/Sector Support – Mango Sector
- End date
Approximately 85% of the 380,000 people living in these two regions are reliant on mango production for their income, which includes 258,000 women producers and harvesters who combine mango production with gardening and handicraft. The project aims to improve the competitiveness of the mango sector and small producers in particular, by reinforcing and strengthening the capacity of all actors involved in the mango value chain. This is being done through interventions in five districts in two of Guinea's regions: Kindia and Télimélé in "Basse Guinée" (in the Western regions of Guinea), and Kankan, Mandiana and Siguiri in "Haute Guinée" (in the Eastern regions of Guinea).
- An inventory report of all relevant legislation and regulation relating to Guinean exports was prepared and validated at a workshop in Conakry.
- As part of the strategy to combat mango pests, a training programme for producers was developed in August 2015 in collaboration with the National Plant Protection Service (Service National de Protection des Vegetaux).
- 177 participants involved in mango production were trained on topics including plant production, orchard creation and grafting techniques.
- 40.6 hectares of new commercial orchards were planted in the five districts covered by the project.
- 3 pilot nurseries were installed in the districts of Kankan, Mandiana and Siguiri to bring producers closer to improved seedling production sites.
Window II Project: Development of Sustainable External TradeEnglish
Guinée Matrice d'Action 2003English
Guinea Etude Diagnostique sur l'Intégration du Commerce (EDIC)/ Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) 2003English French
Guinée Matrice d'action (modifié) 2006English
Guinea Second Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP II)English
Guinea Annual Progress Report 2013English
Directrice Nationale du Commerce Extérieur et de la Compétitivité Point Focal du CIR Ministère du Commerce Conakry
Coordonnateur National du CIR UNMO CIR Ministère du Commerce Conakry
Mamadouba Soriba Camara
Macro Economiste du CIR UNMO CIR Ministère du Commerce Conakry
Mariama Ciré Sylla
Donor Facilitator, World Bank/IFC