- DTIS update
- WTO accession
With the support of local partners and development agencies, the EIF has supported Senegal in identifying and prioritizing their national competitiveness to meet growth objectives in a sustainable and inclusive manner. Targeted strategic support has been provided with strong emphasis on value chain addition and trade facilitation, especially in the agro-industry. The EIF also works alongside the International Commercial Negotiations (Négociations Commerciales Internationales), which defines Senegalese policies and ensures the implementation of the trade policy.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
This project’s main objective is to support Senegal’s integration into the international trading system in order to reduce poverty and promote sustainable development.
- Supported Senegal in developing a plan for social and economic development as well as a Medium-term Plan that coordinates strategies for implementation between various stakeholders.
- 79 people participated in a workshop about public‑private sector relations.
- Facilitated regular meetings between the Government and donors to discuss trade‑related issues.
Trade Development/Sector Support Project: Mango
- End date
The objective of this project is to increase the contribution of the mango value chain to the socio-economic development of Senegal while contributing to poverty reduction. Mangos and mango products available for export will be increased, and new export markets will be identified. Actors in the mango value chain will be trained in Good Agricultural Practices, and storage and processing facilities will be updated.
- The Terms of Reference for Good Agricultural Practices training have been prepared and the first sessions will be held in January 2016.
- 567 participants (producers, companies, harvesters and transporters) attended 10 training sessions covering harvesting methods, quality norms and techniques to combat mango pests that were held in July and August 2015.
Monitoring Matrix (French)English
Senegal Matrice d'action 2005English
Senegal EDIC /DTIS Volume 2 Chapitre 7: Textiles 2002English
Senegal EDIC / DTIS Volume 2 Chapitre 6: Tourisme 2002English
Senegal EDIC / DTIS Volume 2 Chapitre 5: Agriculture 2002English
Senegal EDIC / DTIS Volume 2 Chapitre 4: Pêche 2002English
Senegal EDIC / DTIS Volume 2 Chapitre 3: Promotion des Exportations 2002English
Senegal EDIC / DTIS Volume 2 Chapitre 1: Compétitivité 2002English
Senegal Etude Diagnostique sur l'Intégration du Commerce (EDIC) / Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) 2003English French
EIF LDCs Photo Competition AlbumEnglish
EIF Calendar 2014English French Portugese
Country Case Studies - EIF TFM ReviewEnglish
Senegal DTIS Update 2013French
Senegal Annual Progress Report 2013English
Senegal DTISU 2013
Assome Aminata Diatta
Directeur du Commerce extérieur, Point focal du CIR Direction du Commerce extérieur Chargé du Commerce Dakar
Cheikh Saadbouh Seck
Coordonnateur UNMOCIR Ministère du Commerce Dakar
SInguyam Youssoupha Diouf
Coordonnateur Cellule d'Etudes et de Planification Ministère du Commerce Dakar
Khady Mbaye Diagne
Responsable administratif et financier UNMOCIR Ministère du Commerce Dakar
Mame Alassane Sene
Chargé de Programmes Direction de la Coopération Economique et Financière Ministère de l'Economie et des Finances Dakar
Coordonnateur – CAES Commerce Extérieur Ministère du Commerce Dakar
Expert en Politique Commerciale UNMOCIR Ministère du Commerce Dakar
Donor Facilitator, Embassy of France