- DTIS update
- WTO accession
With the help of local stakeholders and development partners, the EIF has supported Togo to incorporate trade into sector strategies for 12 ministries. The purpose of mainstreaming trade into sectoral policies is to strengthen Togo’s participation in global and regional markets. Targeted support of the soybean value chain has also provided opportunities for training on agricultural practices and women’s economic empowerment.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
The project aims to enable Togo to become a fully integrated and active player in, and beneficiary of, the global trading system by mainstreaming trade and addressing trade‑related constraints.
- 750 economic operators across five regions were trained on new commercial regulations and different development programmes.
- 72 trade support professionals participated in a training workshop on the EIF, trade and gender.
- The Ministry of Trade developed a communications strategy and a training strategy.
Trade Development/Sector Support
- End date
The project aims to strengthen the production and marketing capacities of the soybean value chain. The beneficiaries of the project are soybean producers, processors and exporters, with a focus on women’s economic empowerment.
- The first National Soybean Fair was held in Sokodé in December 2015 where 17 companies exhibited and sold their soybean products.
- 36 participants from the private sector, the primary sector and the public administration participated in training on financing agricultural exports and international payment modes.
- An inventory of soybean processing units is ongoing, and a preliminary report is available. This will be followed by a diagnostic study of processing units that are facing difficulties.
- The Association for the Promotion of the Cultivation and Marketing of Soyahas identified the different types of soybean growing practices in use and the constraints and priorities faced by producers.
- 162 staff of the Institute for Technical Advice and Supportparticipated in workshops across five regions to learn about the project.
Aide-Mémoire Main Mission / Mission PrincipaleEnglish
Aide-Mémoire - Preparatory Mission / Mission PréparatoireEnglish
Togo Matrice d'Action / Action Matrix 2010English
Togo Etude Diagnostique sur l'Intégration du Commerce (EDIC) / Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) 2010English French
EIF LDCs Photo Competition AlbumEnglish
EIF Calendar 2014English French Portugese
Togo Annual Progress Report 2013English
Point Focal Direction du Commerce Intérieur et de la Concurrence Ministère du Commerce, de l'Industrie, de la Promotion du Secteur Privé et du Tourisme Lomé
Coordonnateur SMOCIR Ministère du Commerce, de l'Industrie, de la Promotion du Secteur Privé et du Tourisme Lomé
Chef Section Suivi Évaluation Secrétariat Général Ministère du Commerce, de l'Industrie, de la Promotion du Secteur Privé et du Tourisme Lomé
Donor Facilitator, UNDP
Kossi Zikpi GADAGBUI
Responsable Administratif et Financier du SMOCIR
Malou Fortuné ANIKO
Expert en questions commerciales du SMOCIR
Chef Projet Soja
Assistant en Suivi Evaluation du Projet Soja