Strategic partnerships and collaborative efforts are integral to EIF's work to improve the poorest countries' capacity to trade. In LDCs, we work closely with the private sector as experts consulted in our research and analysis, and as key contributors in our trade sector support.
IIn some cases, regional banks (which at times act as EIF Donor Facilitator liaison as with the African Development Bank in Burkina Faso) and local institutions and organizations provide resources to implement joint trade capacity‑building projects, playing a major role in supporting countries' trade policies and national priorities.
Corporate partners can contribute actively and benefit on a variety of fronts within the EIF partnership, including:
- strategic philanthropy through contributions, investments and in-kind contributions
- training and capacity building
- trade policy and advocacy
- innovations and trade solutions
- access to a pool of technical expertise, and national and global networks.