|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2005|
In Benin, EIF developed an action plan, in coordination with local stakeholders and development partners, aimed at fostering trade integration and trade-related capacity building. EIF is supporting the country to incorporate these actionable priorities in its Poverty Reduction Strategy and National Trade Development Strategy. Targeted support in key sectors such as pineapple, shea almond and cashews is enhancing women’s involvement in trade and strengthening the country's trade by promoting and diversifying its exports, products and services.
By strengthening institutional capacities to create and implement national trade strategies and policies, EIF works with the Government of Benin to better integrate the country into the global trading system.
- Priorities identified in the DTIS Update and Action Matrix are incorporated into Benin’s Poverty Reduction Strategy 2016-2020.
- Trade integrated in sectoral strategies on agriculture, industry, tourism and transport.
- National Aid for Trade Strategy validated in May 2015.
- 45 female hyacinth entrepreneurs received management training, with 22 trained in product diversification.
Enhancing trade – Pineapple, shea almond and cashew SMEs
With the goal to reduce poverty by strengthening the production, commercial and exporting capacities of Beninese companies, this project is providing technical assistance to SMEs in the pineapple, shea almond and cashew value chains in production, quality control and commercialization.
- 35 managers from trade support institutions and the private sector participated in an ITC-led training covering tools for discovering and managing export markets in June 2015.
- 5 training modules on trade integration, negotiation, competition, rules of origin and market access were prepared.
- A report on the regulatory environment governing imports and exports, as well as customs laws was crafted, with the goal to simplify procedures to facilitate the development of SMEs, and support access to finance.
Aide-Mémoire - Main Mission / Mission Principale (2004)English
Aide-Mémoire - Preparatory Mission / Mission Préliminaire (2004)English
Benin Matrice d'Action / Action Matrix (2005)English French
Benin Etude Diagnostique d'Intégration au Commerce (EDIC) / Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) (2005)English French
Benin Growth Strategy for Poverty Reduction (April 2007)English
Progress Report on the Growth Strategy for Poverty Reduction (August 2007)English
Benin Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (2011)English French
Benin Annual Progress Report (2013)English
Benin DTIS Update (2015)French
Directeur général et Point focal du CIR Direction générale du commerce Ministère de l'Industrie du Commerce et de l'Artisanat Cotonou
Donor Facilitator, Embassy of The Netherlands in Cotonou
Agninou Rémy Sohou
Project Manager - Ministry of Industry and Trade - Directorate General for Trade - National Secretary of Enhanced Integrated Framework
Euloge C.V. Houngbo
National Coordinator - Ministry of Industry and Trade - Directorate General for Trade - National Secretary of Enhanced Integrated Framework