|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2005|
In Benin, EIF developed an action plan in coordination with partners aimed at fostering trade integration and developing trade-related capacity. EIF is supporting the country to incorporate these priorities in its Poverty Reduction Strategy and National Trade Development Strategy.
Targeted support in key sectors such as pineapple, shea almond and cashew is enhancing women’s involvement in economic life and strengthening the country's trade by promoting and diversifying its exports.
EIF and the Government of Benin worked to better integrate the country into the global trading system by strengthening institutional abilities to develop and implement trade strategies and policies.
- Priorities identified in the DTIS Update and Action Matrix incorporated into Benin’s Poverty Reduction Strategy 2016-2020.
- Trade integrated in sectoral strategies on agriculture, industry, tourism and transport.
- 45 female hyacinth entrepreneurs received management training, with 22 trained in product diversification.
Enhancing trade – Pineapple, shea almond and cashew SMEs
With the goal to reduce poverty by strengthening the production, commercial and exporting capacities of Beninese companies, EIF is providing technical assistance to SMEs in the pineapple, shea almond and cashew sectors.
- 35 managers from trade support institutions and the private sector participated in an ITC-led training covering tools for discovering and managing export markets.
- 5 training modules on trade integration, negotiation, competition, rules of origin and market access developed.
- Benin has a 'green pineapple' label to improve competitiveness in export markets.
- 45 producers received trainings on traceability system to enable company certifications.
Benin Matrice d'Action / Action Matrix (2005)English French
Benin Etude Diagnostique d'Intégration au Commerce (EDIC) / Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) (2005)English French
Benin Growth Strategy for Poverty Reduction (April 2007)English
Progress Report on the Growth Strategy for Poverty Reduction (August 2007)English
Benin Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (2011)English French
Benin DTIS Update (2015)French
EIF Focal Point (Directeur général, Direction générale du commerce Ministère de l'Industrie du Commerce et de l'Artisanat Cotonou)
NIU Coordinator (National Coordinator - Ministry of Industry and Trade - Directorate General for Trade)
EIF Donor Facilitator (Embassy of The Netherlands in Cotonou)