|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2003|
EIF is supporting Guinea to incorporate trade into the Priority Actions Programme of its Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper. The country has developed trade‑specific strategies on the organization of internal commerce and the creation of a commercial code and standards of products for export.
Targeted strategic support in the mango sector is being provided with strong emphasis on improved value chain addition and women’s economic empowerment.
EIF worked to strengthen the Ministry of Trade’s institutional and human resources capacity to facilitate trade mainstreaming, coordinate delivery of Aid for Trade and ease the implementation of prioritized projects.
- Two sessions were held for young, unemployed graduates in Conakry in business and export training on local products.
- Supported the Government to incorporate trade into its national strategy for economic and social development.
Enhancing trade – Mango
Approximately 85% of the 380,000 people living in two Guinea regions are reliant on mangos for their income, which includes 258,000 women producers and harvesters who combine mango production with gardening and handicrafts. EIF aims to improve the competitiveness of the mango sector and small producers in particular by reinforcing and strengthening the capacity of all actors involved in the mango value chain. This is being done through interventions in five districts in two of Guinea's regions: Kindia and Télimélé in "Basse Guinée" (in the Western regions of Guinea), and Kankan, Mandiana and Siguiri in "Haute Guinée" (in the Eastern regions of Guinea).
- As part of the strategy to combat mango pests, a training programme for producers was developed in August 2015 in collaboration with the National Plant Protection Service.
- 177 participants involved in mango production were trained on topics including plant production, orchard creation and grafting techniques.
- 40.6 hectares of new commercial orchards were planted in five districts.
- 3 pilot nurseries were installed in Kankan, Mandiana and Siguiri to bring producers closer to improved seedling production sites.
Guinea Window II Project: Development of Sustainable External Trade (2005)English
Guinée Matrice d'Action (2003)English
Guinea Etude Diagnostique sur l'Intégration du Commerce (EDIC) / Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) (2003)English French
Guinée Matrice d'action (modifié) (2006)English
Guinea Second Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP II) (2007-2010)English
Guinea Annual Progress Report (2013)English
Directrice Nationale du Commerce Extérieur et de la Compétitivité Point Focal du CIR Ministère du Commerce Conakry
Coordonnateur National du CIR UNMO CIR Ministère du Commerce Conakry
Mariama Ciré Sylla
Donor Facilitator, World Bank/IFC