- DTIS update
- WTO accession
Alongside domestic stakeholders and development partners, the EIF has supported Guinea-Bissau in prioritizing and addressing their trade-related needs. Notably, Guinea-Bissau has incorporated trade mainstreaming priorities into their Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper, including cross-cutting issues such as infrastructure development, telecommunications, legal and regulatory frameworks, energy, private sector development, customs reforms, trade facilitation and trade policy.
Institutional capacity-building project
- End date
The goal of the project is to increase exports by strengthening institutional capacities to formulate and implement national trade strategies and policies. As a result of these trade strategies, Guinea-Bissau will be able to realize poverty reduction, inclusive growth and sustainable development.
- Developed a strategic plan, Guinea-Bissau 2025, and presented it to technical partners and donors. The plan anticipates the creation of a special tourist zone in the archipelago of Bolama-Bijagós and a special economic zone in the Bissau region.
- In October 2015, the EIF began preliminary work for the development of the Guinea-Bissau Trade Strategy (2016-2020), which included consultations with stakeholders in various regions.
- Developed an Aid for Trade database to help the Government better track their investments and results.
- Trained 75 participants on electronic document management, project development and implementation, financial software recycling, and women’s economic empowerment in relation to development.
- Analytical work undertaken focuses on agro-industries, private sector development, trade facilitation, tourism, gender, fisheries, and regional integration.
- Trade has been mainstreamed within the economic sectors dealing with agriculture (including subsistence), gender, infrastructure and human capacity building.
Directeur général du Commerce et de la Concurrence et Point focal du CIR Ministère du Commerce et de la Promotion d’Entreprenariat Bissau
Coordonnateur UNMO CIR Ministère du Commerce et de la Promotion d’Entreprenariat Bissau
Chargé de la Politique Commerciale, Partenariat Régional et Communication UNMO CIR Ministère du Commerce et de la Promotion d’Entreprenariat Bissau