|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2008|
EIF is supporting Liberia to integrate trade into its government policies, as well as supporting trade‑related capacity building.
EIF is supporting Liberia's integration into the global trading system by strengthening the country's capacity to develop and implement trade policies, prioritize trade in the national development plan and improve donor coordination.
- All donor‑funded initiatives incorporated under one umbrella called the Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU), operated from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- SPIU coordinated the production of the Liberia WTO Post‑Accession Strategy and Implementation Plan. Since accession, the plan remains Liberia's primary tool to continue its economic reform agenda.
- Identified sectors of tourism and rubberwood to support Liberia’s economic transformation, and launched related export strategies with support from ITC.
- 392 men and 179 women participated in capacity‑building activities.
- A one-stop showcase and sales shop for locally produced products called Liberia Market Place established to support small businesses and their market access, and Liberian products promoted at range of events.
Liberia Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) (2008)English
Liberia Action Matrix (2008)English
Liberia Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) (2008)English
Country Profile: Liberia (2011)English French Portuguese
Liberian National Export Strategy on Tourism (2016-2020)English
Liberia Rapid eTrade Readiness Assessment (2018)English
Liberia Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Update (2015)English
JEFFERSON J. FAHN
Ministry of Commerce, Liberia
National Program Officer, Embassy of Sweden, Liberia
Counsellor, Head of Development Cooperation, Embassy of Sweden
Regional Portfolio Manager TFM UNOPS