EIF Regional Workshop in Luang Prabang: Forging New Paths for LDCs in Global and Regional Trade
Mars 11, 2019 - Mars 14, 2019 — Luang Prabang, Lao PDR
EIF's Strategic Plan for the period 2019-2022 has been developed to set out the next course of action for EIF. To keep EIF partner countries informed of new developments with the programme, the Executive Secretariat for the EIF (ES), in collaboration with EIF Trust Fund Manager (TFM) and EIF partners, are organizing EIF regional workshops in Anglophone and Francophone Africa and Asia.
The main objectives are to:
- introduce to EIF partner countries the EIF Strategic Plan (SP) 2019-2022, including goals, priorities and new funding modalities;
- provide an opportunity for EIF countries to exchange experiences and to learn about various operational issues such as monitoring and evaluation (M&E), value for money (VfM), communications and fiduciary management; and
- discuss thematic priorities (based on regional priorities) that contribute to the delivery of impactful EIF results.
Participants are expected to leave the workshop with:
- a solid understanding of the EIF SP 2019-2022, its priorities and expected results;
- expected contributions from EIF countries to the delivery of the EIF SP 2019-2022;
- tools and plans to ensure VfM, M&E, fiduciary and risk management in project cycles; and
- knowledge of EIF's communication channels and communicating countries' trade impacts.