|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2005|
Working together with local stakeholders and development partners, the EIF has supported Mozambique in implementing trade mainstreaming policies to strengthen the country’s participation in regional and global markets. Within the framework of the implementation of the EIF, Mozambique has successfully leveraged trade-related priorities including through the update of the DTIS. Notably, the Ministry of Industry and Commerce received US$470,000 from USAID to revise the Mozambican Trade Policy and Strategy and hire trade advisors, capacity‑building activities and participation in international trade negotiations.
Institutional capacity-building project
The goal of the project is to increase exports by strengthening institutional capacities to formulate and implement national trade strategies and policies. As a result of these trade strategies, Mozambique will be able to realize poverty reduction, inclusive growth and sustainable development.
- Conducted a mission to 6 of 11 provinces with four objectives:
- Present the EIF and its current status to provincial stakeholders.
- Discuss the potential of trade on job creation, SME development, linkages and economic development.
- Present examples of productive capacity‑building project proposals.
- Conduct field visits to understand businesses working on internal or external trade and explore areas for potential projects.
- Integrated EIF training and procurement plans into the Ministry of Industry and Commerce’s annual plans.
- Established bi-annual Government-donor consultation meetings.
- Agriculture, fisheries, extractive tourism and energy sectors have all integrated trade facilitation strategies.
- Through the framework, UNDP Mozambique is contributing approximately $25,000 to facilitate trade mainstreaming training activities.
Mozambique DTIS: Summary of National Validation Workshop - September 2004English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 3 2004English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 2 2004English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 1 2004English Portugese
Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) 1English
Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) 2English
Mozambique Annual Progress Report 2013English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Update 2015English Portugese
Mozambique DTIS Update Action Matrix 2015English Portugese
Mozambique Action Matrix 2015
Mozambique DTISU 2015
Iva Olinda Ribeiro AMADE
Finance Officer Ministry of Industry and Commerce Maputo
Herlander José Júlio NAMUICHE
M&E Officer Ministry of Industry and Commerce Maputo
Diretor de Economia
Donor Facilitator, USAID
Donor Facilitator, USAID
EIF Focal Point Ministry of Industry and Commerce Maputo, Mozambique