|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2005|
EIF is supporting Mozambique to implement trade mainstreaming policies to strengthen the country’s participation in regional and global markets.
Within the framework of EIF implementation, Mozambique successfully leveraged trade-related priorities, notably with the Ministry of Industry and Commerce receiving US$470,000 from USAID to revise the Mozambican Trade Policy and Strategy, hire trade advisors, pursue capacity‑building activities and participate in international trade negotiations.
EIF worked to increase exports by strengthening institutional capacities to formulate and implement national trade strategies and policies.
- Conducted a mission to 6 of 11 provinces with four objectives:
- Present the EIF and its current status to provincial stakeholders.
- Discuss the potential of trade on job creation, SME development, linkages and economic development.
- Present examples of productive capacity‑building project proposals.
- Conduct field visits to understand businesses working on internal or external trade and explore areas for potential projects.
- Integrated EIF training and procurement plans into the Ministry of Industry and Commerce’s annual plans.
- Agriculture, fisheries, extractive tourism and energy sectors have all integrated trade facilitation strategies.
- Through the framework, UNDP Mozambique is contributing approximately $25,000 to facilitate trade mainstreaming training activities.
Mozambique DTIS: Summary of National Validation Workshop (September 2004)English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 3 (2004)English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 2 (2004)English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Volume 1 (2004)English Portugese
Mozambique Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) (2006-2009)English
Mozambique Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) (2011-2014)English
Mozambique Annual Progress Report (2013)English
Mozambique Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Update (DTISU) (2015)English Portugese
Mozambique DTIS Update Action Matrix (2015)English Portugese
Iva Olinda Ribeiro AMADE
Finance Officer Ministry of Industry and Commerce Maputo
Herlander José Júlio NAMUICHE
M&E Officer Ministry of Industry and Commerce Maputo
Diretor de Economia
Donor Facilitator, USAID
Donor Facilitator, USAID
EIF Focal Point Ministry of Industry and Commerce Maputo, Mozambique